Gideon was a humble woodcutter who became a great warrior. When we adopted Gideon as our namesake, we embraced this ethos of striving for greatness in the services and products we deliver.
Since 2012, Gideon Strategic Partners has been committed to helping design and deliver successful customized programs for high-net worth individuals and companies. We take the time to understand our clients’ unique circumstances before building customized solutions that are aimed to meet long-term goals and consider an ever-changing financial environment. We specialize in tax-efficient investment strategies, risk management, and retirement and estate planning.
Gideon Strategic Partners, like most successful investment advisory firms, follows a core satellite investment philosophy. These fundamental principles guide the investment decisions we help our clients make:
- Investments are used to achieve long-term goals, while savings are used for short-term goals
- Asset allocation with diversification among stock, bond and other markets reduces risk
- Investors should know and understand how investments fit into their portfolios and why they own particular assets
- Minimizing investment costs is crucial for long-term success
- An investor’s primary decisions involve choosing a mix of assets to be held in a portfolio, not the selection of individual investments
- Risk is multi-dimensional; investors should weigh “shortfall risk”—the possibility that a portfolio may not meet long-term financial goals—against “market risk,”—the reality that returns may fluctuate
- Market-timing and performance-chasing are not part of a winning strategy
- Future long-term returns are expected to be very similar to historical returns for various asset classes and subclasses